Tasks and responsibilitiesAs a Technical Support Engineer your main task is to manage global customers and queries related to support of IAR Systems products and services. You will be part of a global organization consisting of 23 employees divided into three regions, globally. You’ll belong to the Technical Support Team in Uppsala where you also give support to the two other regions when facing problems, they can’t solve. Furthermore, you will be an important link between IAR and their customers. If needed and if you or the support team can’t solve the issue, you’ll be in contact with the development team to receive more information to work with.
- Monitor support requests from IAR Systems’ customers to help them bring issues to a resolution.
- Maintain IAR Systems global support system with up-to-date and accurate information, according to company process and policies, and monitor the project execution as assigned while always presenting a professional image.
Education, experience and personal characteristicsFor this position you should be able to demonstrate good understanding of C/C++ and embedded systems, either from university, professional or non-professional experience:
- Experience in C/C++ and development/debugging of embedded firmware
- Technical knowledge of key products (Compilers, Debuggers, RTOS’s) and embedded industry trends
- Experience with in-circuit emulators
- Fluent in English, written and oral
Merit* University degree within embedded systems, computer science or electrical engineering
To be successful in the role we believe you are passionate about embedded systems and you have strong communication skills. You are a team player, yet self-driven in your work. Having a problem-solving approach and to be curious about new fields will be considerable assets for you. You are proactive and service-minded in your work and delivering superior customer value is a top priority for you. Finally, you are business-minded with a sense of business intelligence.